This is where stuff that won't fit on the Shellac Shanty or AudiOddities blogs. Lounge, funk, or just stuff that I happen to like run through my addled brain. Eclectica forever!

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Frank Chacksfield - Immortal Serenades




I had a request for some more Frank Chacksfield back from the run of UK Decca stereo stuff, so here is one to keep you going.... because I found ANOTHER stash of euro-Deccas and RCAs on LP!

Here we have Frank doing serenades, both from operas as well as light classical pieces, and all of them with the quality of arrangements and performance we associate with Frank Chacksfield. This is another London "blueback", noted for excellent recording qualities and fancied by collectors... but you get the goodies! Fer nuttin'!

Seriously, this is some very fine light classical music, very enjoyable, with the promise of more to come in the future.

Cover scans are here:
The front...
The back...

Get serenaded by Frank Chacksfield!

6 Comments:

Blogger mel said...

You said it all.

Thanks for the share!

Regards - Mel.

11:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I¨m from Ocaña (Colombia). I had this wonderfull Long Playing years ago but I Lost it. Now That I¨ve found this share I Have to tell you : Thanks for this wonderfull gift. One of the most beatifulls record that I have heard in my life.

10:01 AM

 
Blogger Fede said...

hola, te cuento que tengo este LP, pero se lo di a una amiga para que lo pasara a cd y lo dejo en el carro y el sol lo daño. tu sabes donde lo puedo descargar??
mi mail es castellanosjohn@gmail.com

de antemano muchas gracias

2:47 PM

 
Blogger Vinyl Room said...

Any chance of a re-up please?

VR

7:05 AM

 
Blogger Jorge Cocompech said...

can u repost the url for download?
Thanks

9:35 PM

 
Blogger Jorge Cocompech said...

u can send to my mail the url

9:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home