This is where stuff that won't fit on the Shellac Shanty or AudiOddities blogs. Lounge, funk, or just stuff that I happen to like run through my addled brain. Eclectica forever!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Pearl Bailey - Come On Let's Play...




This is one heck of a FUN LP! PEarl Bailey, queen of the racy burlesque and double-entendre songs, did this set with a kicking band, led by her husband, drummer Louis Bellson. It tries to pull off what she would have done in her night club routine, not just the songs, but the patter in-between as well. Sure, she talks through some of the solos, but hey, it's just like having your own private show!

I have an earlier Pearl Bailey LP that I'm trying to find and put up, but I think this one is a little better because of the fun she's having in this session. If you listen closely to the lyrics, it gets even better.

Cover scans are here:
The front...
The back...

Come On Let's Play with Pearly Mae.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I put this on in the car Sunday and it tickled the hell out of the little woman. Thanx!

7:39 PM

 
Blogger The Impaler said...

Wait until she gets a load of the earlier Pearl Bailey LP I have.... :)

...and always keep an eye on your change :)

Tnaks & I hope that it led to something.... fun!

4:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home