This is where stuff that won't fit on the Shellac Shanty or AudiOddities blogs. Lounge, funk, or just stuff that I happen to like run through my addled brain. Eclectica forever!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Uno, dos, tres a Ros!



Edmundo Ros, boy am I beginning to really dig on this gentleman and his arrangements of standards into a quasi-latin beat.

This one, "Ros on Broadway" kind of wraps up the bunch of european pressings I have been putting up of late, as it keeps the theme of film and stage tunes, only this time, adapted with that Edmundo Ros 'touch'.

While not truly the exotic rthythms of South America, these are just the thing for the evening of dancing, or playing through the iPod as you travel down the road on a sunny afternoon with the windows and/or top down, and that lovely lady in the passenger seat.

A fine Decca stereo disc from 1958, great tunes, great arrangements, kind of makes me want to jump into the Wayback Machine (or the TARDIS, if you so prefer), set the dials to 1958 London, don the dinner and nightclub attire, and spend an evening at Edmundo Ros' Club. I have a feeling that the orchestra would make for a very entertaining evening!

This is the last of the bunch, so I guess I need to rummage through the shelves for more wonderful items for you to listen to... let me know how you like what's been posted so far!

Download and enjoy Ros On Broadway!

2 Comments:

Blogger mel said...

Thanks for all the Decca LPs - I remember them all and never thought I would ever hear them again.

I became an Edmundo Ros fan when I was little and an avid follower of the current Hit Parade - he had quite a few hits: No Can Do, The Laughing Samba, The Wedding Samba, Her Bathing Suit Never Got Wet, among others.

Those were the days . . .

Well done, Brad - you've done a great job.

Best regards.

11:38 PM

 
Blogger sr. mexicant said...

ros is the man!!!
thanks for these great tunes!!!!

siii sennooorrr!!!!

4:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home