This is where stuff that won't fit on the Shellac Shanty or AudiOddities blogs. Lounge, funk, or just stuff that I happen to like run through my addled brain. Eclectica forever!

Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Billy Vaughn Sound....



Billy Vaughn & His Orchestra, best known for a couple of hits and a distinctive sound in the early 60s, as far as big band goes. So, here I am at the thrift store that NEVER has reel tapes, and I see this one. "Blue Hawaii".... ooo, and it's on BelCanto, too! 'bel canto' is the correct way to note this, that label always put out a brilliant recording, even though some times the material is poop.

So, I get home, finish up a stack of 78s and decide to encode this as I watch the UK 'terror crisis' on CNN-international and Sky News (courtesy of those terror-mongers at CNN and FOx News). The only comment I have to say about that is that the last time in 1995 that this type of deal was 'attempted' it was a joint CIA-MI6-Mossad operation to try and ratchet up the level of fear. If it was the "real deal" as Scotland Yard & the Met are putting it, then you can rest assured that it was concocted by the CIA and MI5.

Nuffa-dat.

I'm encoding away, and I realize that there are seven tracks listed on the back of the box, and only SIX tracks on the first side. oops. THEN I look and see that it is an original Dot recording. double-oops. Sho'nuff, it's that typical Billy Vaughn sound, nothing exotic here, move along....

It's a nice encode of a nice recording of some (my opinion) dreck-y material. But, I'll share it with you as an example of Billy and his sound, so you know what you'll get if you see it in the charity shoppes or boot sales.

Cheers, and remember, the only REAL terrorists are the ones behind the big desks in the ivory towers.

Blah Hawaii

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Brad :)

I addore your blog man..
I'll include it to my link bar..
You can pay a visit to my muysic blog too, asa far as I can see, our music tastes are similar..

greetngs..

8:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home