This is where stuff that won't fit on the Shellac Shanty or AudiOddities blogs. Lounge, funk, or just stuff that I happen to like run through my addled brain. Eclectica forever!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

How about a nice Hawaiian Punch!



Again with the Hawaiian stuff! But, it's good though... this is a 1961 release from RCA Victor, on their Living Stereo (thankfully NOT StereoAction) moniker... VERY nicely performed & recorded, and a good catch for a buck at the thrift store. Unfortunately, no obligatory half-naked come-hither female on the cover (I'll post it soon), but the music makes up for it.

The liner notes are almost apologetic, but they do drivel a little about the Mauna Loa Islanders being a Hawaiian group of some reknown (at least in the Islands), but, alas, no performer credits. The only credit given was that this was recorded in New York City. Whee.

But, enough of the crabbing. Here's the cuts, enjoy!

Mauna Loa Islanders - Hawaiian Punch - RCA Victor LSP-2295 (1961)
Hawaiian Punch
Drifting and Dreaming (Sweet Paradise)
Hawaiian War Chant
Bali Ha'i
Malihini Mele
A Song of Old Hawaii
Blue Hawaii
Enchanted Island
Ka-Lu-A
Hawaiian Sunset
I'll Weave a Lei of Stars For You
Now Is The Hour (Maori Farewell Song)

OK, not as exotic as Martin Denny or Esquivel, but still some pretty darn nice Hawai'ian kine.

I'll try and post something non-Hawaiian soon, promise.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh eh... I'm back!
Been too awfully busy lately working and hoarsing around with my French blog-brothers & sisters to visit your & Lee's places much...
But I do know that you come see me sometimes -- why don't you leave a few words now & then? English is welcome on these pages!
And Pascal would need a little help with my blindfold quizzes sometimes...
As a matter of fact I am still awfully busy -- but things should calm down in a few days, once the deadline is behind me.

2:51 AM

 
Blogger The Impaler said...

heh, the cover will appear as soon as I can wrest the digital camera from the fingers of the young daughters that seem to misplace it every time I have an LP cover to share :/

Thanks though for all the kind comments... I have now some time to get more stuff up on the blog (YAY)...

7:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home